Do food trucks require different insurance than food trailers?

Food trucks will require auto insurance by law, where as a food trailer may or may not need a separate auto insurance policy.

When a trailer is being pulled the auto liability (property and injury to others) comes from the auto insurance on the vehicle pulling it.

Depending on your use of the trailer and your personal auto carriers guidelines, you may need to switch to a commercial auto policy.

We have created a supplement quote form to submit the additional information for auto liability coverage..

  • © 2013 Insure My Food Trailer
  • All Rights Reserved
  • CA License # OI22663
  • (800) 985-7859 / (512) 551-0337
  • 12600 Hill Country Blvd. R-275
  • Austin, Texas 78738