We get mobile food vendors

  • We designed a program just for you
  • making insurance affordable and easy!

Get a Quote

Get a quick quote online or give us a call at (800) 985-7859.

Insure My Food Trailer, was designed by an insurance agency that "gets" food trailers and food trucks. We understand the challenges and needs of your business and are committed to supporting the mobile food community.

We know you don't have time to spend on long applications, or agents who don't understand mobile food vendors .

Not only do we insure in almost every state, we insure many types of mobile food vendors, including concession trailers, food carts, pop-up vendors, hot dog carts, street vendors, food stands, and catering trailers.

Program Highlights


No liability deductible

Giving your food trailer or truck legal and claim protection, without being out of pocket.


Property coverage that covers your food trailer or food truck.

Covering collision, theft, vandalism, weather, and more, regardless of the location.


An insurance Agency and Company you can depend on

Insurance Company Financial rating of A or better and Agency Rated A+ by the BBB


No charge for additional insureds

As required by most Commissary kitchens, events, etc. email, call, or fill out our online form and we respond fast, and at no additional charge.

Featured in

food truck empire.png


Read reviews on our Facebook page!

Facebook reviews.png
shaved ice food trailer.jpg

Dealing with Insure My Food Trailer feels like you are being helped by a friend. Whenever we call they are always there and ready to help us. Consider this an inside tip for those, like us, who are looking for a little help regarding your insurance needs.

Paul & Mary M. - Owners - Maui Wowee Shave Ice

The Latest Food Trailer News

Coverage Menu

General Liability Insurance

General liability protects you from lawsuits brought against you for injury or property damage to third parties. It does not cover auto related or employee injuries, those coverages are discussed below.

This includes your products (food), your premise (slip and fall), personal injury / advertising injury (libel and slander), and property damage to others.

The best part is it also covers the legal fees to defend such claims, even if it's found you were not at fault!

Not only is it smart coverage to have in a sue crazed world, it is often required to do business with most landlords, vendors, and commissary kitchens.

Common coverage limits in the industry are 1 million per occurrence, 2 million aggregate (total claims per year).

To read more about general liability for food trailers and food trucks see our blog post: General Liability Insurance 101 for mobile food vendors

Property coverage (Inland Marine)

You have poured countless hours and money into your food trailer or food truck so you want to make sure your investment is protected right?

Property coverage otherwise known as inland marine (property that moves over land) coverage for your food trailer or other business equipment.

Don’t make the common mistake of assuming your auto insurance policy automatically extends coverage to the vehicle pulling it!

To read more about property insurance check out our blogs

What is the Value of My Food Truck or Food Trailer?

How to Protect Your Food Trailer or Food Truck Equipment

Auto Liability

If you're a food truck there is no way around needing commercial auto insurance, for some other types of vendors such as food trailers, concession trailers, food carts, pop-up vendors, street vendors, food stands, and catering trailers you will need to speak with your personal auto carrier on if you can keep that policy or if you will need a commercial auto policy.

Either way you want to make sure you are covered for injury or property damage to others if you cause an accident while driving.

The auto liability applies once you attach the trailer and start moving. Once you park, detach and start operating your mobile food business the general liability takes over.

Worker Comp

Workers Compensation Insurance, or worker's comp as it is commonly known pays wage replacement and medical benefits to employees if they are injured. In many states it's required by law to carry workers comp and others optional.

To read more on workers comp check out our blog post.

Why Food Trailers Should Carry Workers Comp

The Disadvantages for Food Trailers that Don't Have Workers Comp Insurance

Auto Physical Damage

If you have a food truck or endorsing a trailer to a commercial auto policy most likely you will want to insure for comprehensive and collision.

These coverage pay for damages to your truck or trailer resulting from hitting another car or object, fire, theft, vandalism, wind, and hail.

Optional coverage is available for loss of income as a result of such accidents.

Over the last 5 years we've provided food trailer insurance and food truck insurance for over 900 food trailers and food trucks, and have we the knowledge and insurance carriers to help make the insurance process affordable and easy!

Request a quote online or give us a call at (800) 985-7859

Insuremyfoodtrailer.com a division of Paprocki Insurance Agency: Serving up Affordable Insurance made easy since 2004. CA License # 0I22663

  • © 2013 Insure My Food Trailer
  • All Rights Reserved
  • CA License # OI22663
  • (800) 985-7859 / (512) 551-0337
  • 12600 Hill Country Blvd. R-275
  • Austin, Texas 78738
Web Analytics